- This event has passed.
July 14, 2023 @ 10:30 am - 12:00 pm
Emergent Strategy is a humble philosophy, a way to acknowledge the real power of change and be in the right relationship to it. It intends to deepen relationships and build trust and political alignment. Emergent strategy practices strengthen imagination and the capacity to think beyond the limitations of socialization – beyond competition, beyond binaries, and beyond linear, short-term outcomes. From June 30 through July 28, this group in an interactive space with activities and discussion. Registration is closed.
For Session 3, please read pages 103-121 in Emergent Strategy.
Additionally, reflect on the following: Based on your understanding of the five gates of grief and the five anchors of healing, what does this adrienne marie brown quote mean to you as it relates to change?
Quote: “Grief is the growing up of the heart that bursts boundaries like an old skin or a finished life. that grief is gratitude. that water seeks scale, that even your tears seek the recognition of community.”
Additionally, here are some resources to review before the start of the session:
- The Five Anchors for Healing from Racial Trauma (Resmaa Menakem)
- How can nonprofits apply the principles of Emergent Strategy to their communications? (also available as audio)
- Descriptions of the Five Gates of Grief are based on Francis Weller’s book: The Wild Edge of Sorrow: Rituals of Renewal and the Sacred Work of Grief
- Martin Precthel Intro to The Smell of Rain on Dust
- White Supremacy Culture by Tema Okun